Wide Format Printers
Whether you require wide format printers for technical drawings and plans, need professional, high-quality prints for client use, or require documents for both areas, Ultrex has a solution to fit your needs. By leveraging these cost-effective, sustainable wide format color printing, copying, & scanning technologies, you can increase efficiency, generate sales, and gain a competitive advantage for your business.
To see the kind of wide-format printers we can provide your company, see the options below.
Ultrex makes its mark
Take a look at our production capabilities
Wide Format Printing
Roll to Roll
A roll printer is the most common printer found in sign and graphics shops around the country. These printers print on digital media that comes on a roll. The roll is then trimmed, or adhered to a rigid substrate. Although they do not print on rigid substrates, they can print on a plethora of digital media.
Advantages of a Roll Printer:
- Material Versatility: Roll printers can print on almost any media that comes on a roll. These materials include all types of Vinyl, Banner Material, Fabrics, Canvas… the list goes on!
- Job Versatility: Because of the material versatility, a roll printer can service almost any print project that comes through a sign shop.
Flat Bed printing, often called Direct-to-Board printing, allows the user to feed substrates through the mouth of the printer, and the printer will print ink directly on the loaded substrate.
Advantages of a Flatbed Printer:
- Speed: flatbed printers add an element of speed that most roll printers can’t achieve. Many flatbed printers have variable speeds that allow sign companies to adjust the speed of the print to match the need of the job. We sell flatbed printers that can print up to 1,248.6 square feet an hour! To put that in perspective, that would mean that a sign shop can print about twenty-five 5ft x 10ft full-color substrates in just one hour.
- Efficiency: flatbed printers not only allow a company to produce a job with more speed but also allows for improved efficiencies. Unless there is trimming to be done, a flatbed printer allows shops to go from raw substrate to finished product. This cuts out the additional prep work that comes with other forms of printing and allows a single employee to complete the same amount of work that would normally take multiple employees to complete.
- Routed signage
- Window graphics
- Wall murals
- Floor graphics
- Indoor/outdoor posters for business
- Vinyl banners
- Vehicle and fleet wraps
- Large wall calendars
- Event announcements
- Wayfinding, maps and charts
- Trade show displays
- Trade Shows
- Silicone-edge graphics
- Tents and backdrops
- Business Signs
- Print Projects
- Trade Show Booths
Devices & Equipment
Roll-to-Roll – Sign & Graphics
HP Latex 570 Wide Format Latex Roll-fed
HP Latex 365 Wide Format Latex Roll-fed
HP Latex 335 Wide Format Latex Roll-fed
HP Latex 315 Wide Format Latex Roll-fed
HP DesignJet Z6dr
HP DesignJet Z9dr
HP DesignJet T6810
Canon imagePROGRAF PRO 6100(S)/4100(S)/2100
Roll-to-Roll – Technical Printers
HP DesignJet T530 Color
HP DesignJet T730 Color
HP DesignJet T830 Color
HP DesignJet T1600/T1600dr Color
HP DesignJet T2600/T2600dr Color
HP DesignJet XL 3600/3600dr Color
KIP 75/79 Series
KIP 660 6D Color
KIP 800/900 Series Color
Canon PlotWave 3000/3500
Canon PlotWave 5000/5500
Canon ColorWave 3600/3900 Color
Konica Minolta AccurioWide 160
Konica Minolta AccurioWide 200
Canon Arizona Flatbed
Cutting & Finishing
HP Latex 54” & 64” Cutting Solutions
Colex® Sharpcut™Wide Format Digital Cutting Solutions
Not sure where to start?
Our experts are here to help and since Ultrex is vendor-agnostic, we can match you with the best devices for your specific needs, regardless of the manufacturer. Simply fill out our contact form and we can start working on a customized solution for your business.